Information we may hold about you:
When you register to use our Website , purchase a product, enter a competition or promotion run by the Group, personal data you provide, such as your name, date of birth, contact details will be collected. In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to ensure that the Group complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
How we may use your personal data:
- to fulfil your order - we require your identification, contact and payment information to enable the relevant Group company to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information (please note that your details may need to be passed to another company within the Group and/or a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data);
- to tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- to provide you with services you request from us;
- to analyse, and improve, the use of our Website, including how you move around our Website.
- to administer any competition run by the Group. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions for each competition;
- to measure and analyse our advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website, and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- to keep our Website, and network safe and secure;
- to process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions)
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How long we keep your information:
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose(s) for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We will retain the personal information you provided on registering an account on our Website so long as that account remains in existence. In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed. On making a purchase through our Website we will retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address until you ask us to update or delete those details for the purpose of reporting new and existing users to our affiliate advertisers. We retain transaction information for as long as required by law. We will retain information regarding your website browsing history for a similar period. If we are legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a limited period of time, even after you have closed your account.
How we might share your personal data:
We may share your personal data with:
- Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers;
- Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- Search engine and web analytics providers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us. You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then in certain circumstances any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
What are Cookies and other tracking technologies?
What types of Cookies do we use?
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to our Website, if these are disabled, your experience on our Website may be interrupted and you may not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
Performance Cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users may be experiencing.
Functionality Cookies customise the look and appearance of our Website. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our Website, and may share details of what you click on with other organisations such as advertisers. These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our Website by approved organisations to provide services on our Website.
- enable you to set up an account, place orders and make payments;
- remember items you place into your shopping basket;
- remember items you have been looking at so that you can quickly and easily go back to an item you looked at previously;
- enhance and personalise your shopping experience.